Here's the list of summer workshops planned . . . including flash fiction, poetry, memoir, script writing and a brand new online class:
- Summer of Poetry, with Elizabeth Twiddy, Tuesdays, 6:00 – 8:00. This short course will be fun during your busy summer: we’ll read poems, workshop poems and do exercises in class to generate new work on the spot. Open to a range of experience levels. Four weeks, beginning July 13th.
- The Magic of the Moment, with Georgia Popoff, Wednesdays, 6:00 – 7:30. This workshop is intended to initiate the process of writing a memoir. With the suggestion of several techniques to access memories, specific prompts, and a chance to receive initial feedback, participants will start a series of personal memoir essays that could lead to the greater story. Appropriate for both new and seasoned writers of all levels of craft. Four weeks beginning the week of July 21.
- StretchWrite, an online writing workshop with Rebecca Sernett. As summer beckons, so does the urge to flex those writer muscles in new and creative ways. This online class will provide weekly writing exercises for participants to explore the way they approach their craft as well as to strengthen and tone their skills. All genres welcomed. Six weeks, beginning July 14th.
- Write That Script! Hear It Read! Introduction to Script Writing with David Feldman and The Armory Square Playhouse Writers and Performers. Wednesday, July 21, 6 - 9 p.m. Ever wanted to write a play (or screen or television) script? This one-evening intensive workshop will help you develop your skills with an exercise to create interesting characters and provocative dialogue. Everyone will write a brief script and then have it read and discussed by members of Armory Square Playhouse.
- A Midsummer Night's Workshop with Chris DelGuercio, thursdays, 6:30 - 8:30 Students will share their flash and short fiction pieces (2,000 words or less) with a group of peers for their generous feedback and scrutiny designed to hasten the next draft in the revision process. Three weeks, beginning August 5th.
For summer workshop pricing, please contact Philip Memmer at 315.474.6851 ext 328
For all other questions regarding workshops or the August Occasion, please email Workshops Coordinator, Jennifer Pashley: email@example.com.